Monday, November 14, 2016

Thanks!

Hello Friends,

Today I have a card for the Altenew current Challenge. This is my first try with Altenew Stamps, have been wanting to trys some projects with the beautiful altenew collection.

The color theme and flower inspired me from the Challenge post.



I enjoyed thoroughly working with the stamp sets.


I wanted to give a slight touch of 3D shape to the flowers. The card measures 5.5x5.5 with 4 layers.


I stamped the magnolia flower with archival black ink onto a water color paper. Colored with distress ink and water color pencil. Used 2 layers on the flower to emboss it and have a 3D effect.

Shaped the petals with the embossing tools. For the base of the card, I used a neutral shade pattern paper onto I stamped Magnolia with Distress ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Later with yellow pencil color I added light shade to the flower buds and petal. 

On a white card based used a orange mesh to create the back onto which I put the background stamped layer.

Used a spell binder and DCAM die to create the frame.Fussy cut the flower and arranged it with a tulle bow and some cotton twines.

White embossed the sentiment on a black CS and finished with some enamel dots and white splatter of gesso.

Product Used

Altenew : Magnolia for you Stamp Set
Spellbinder : Nestabilities Decorative Die
DCAM : Basic Square Die
Distress Ink | Water Color Pencil

I have used the yellow, red and green shade for my card along with the flower as the focal element,


Do share how you like it.

See you soon at the next blog until then happy Crafting!









No comments:

Post a Comment