Thursday, November 17, 2016

Happy Thanks!

Hello Friends, today I have a card for the coming thanksgiving holidays and also to celebrate fall!

I must say I had fun making this project specially with the colors and some new products that I have used.

In addition the season, the weather enables it all. There are lot of little details that I have added .


Coming to the details. Itsy Bitsy Team send me some samples of their newly launched color splash colour sprays along with stencils and some card stock.

I have used the Stencil and the color spray in this project. The sprays are absolute perfect for any surface. I have used it on canvas, water color paper ( On this Project), Neenah CS and also fabric. 

They have a clear stain effect and gives you the perfect look.


So first I took a water color paper and using the stencil I sprayed the Mocha and Lemon. Later I used the stencil and embossed with white embossing powder. And also used white texture paste to give a third layer.

This is the first time I have used 3 different medium with the stencil and it has given me the perfect look I wanted.


Now for the embellishments, I have used the Cheery Lynn Dies for the doily and also the flowers. This time the gardenia looks different :). Wanted to give a very loose and shredded look to the leaves and flowers.

Used some wooden beads to give a texture along with metal ribbon. Since its a very busy card kept the sentiment very simple.

I am playing the Cheery Lynn and Card Concept Challenge with this card hence used the fall theme as per the challenge rules.

For the leave I have fussy cut from a DCWV paper stack. Layered with 2 base card stock and finished it.

Product Used:
Dies: Cheery Lynn Gardenia Strip | English Tea Party Doily | Embellishment #3
Dies: W plus Tag Die
Color : Itsy Bitsy Color Splash Lemon and Mocha | Distress Inks
Stencil : Itsy Bitsy Leaf Stencil
Camlin Texture paste | Beads | Metal Embellishments


I am entering this in the below Challenge:

Card Concept Happy Thanksgiving #62
The bright Fall Color, flowers inspired me.

Cheery Lynn DiesAutumn Color Theme #242

If you want to try these colors or the Color Splash Range visit Here


Hope you like it and do share how you find it.
See you soon at the next blog till then Happy Coloring!




No comments:

Post a Comment